Liberty County Property Tax Information
If you know a few things about Texas, it’s no surprise the Texas Constitution and Texas Property Tax Code are written to keep your Liberty County property taxes local. Here is a quick overview of how the property tax system works:
- Each of Texas’ 254 counties has an appraisal district. The county appraisal district is responsible for setting the property values each year.
- Local taxing units — the county, city, school and special districts that provide essential community services like police and fire protection, public utilities and education — make a yearly budget and set a tax rate to meet that budget.
- An Appraisal Review Board (ARB) settles disputes between the appraisal district, the local taxing units and property owners.
The Liberty County Property Tax Rate
Liberty County is only one of many taxing units that make up the Liberty County, Texas, property tax rate. Your Liberty County property tax rate is unique to the location of your property. In addition to the county tax, there is also a city tax. For example, residents of Dayton will have to pay Dayton property taxes along with those imposed by Liberty County. Other cities in the county include:
- Dayton Lakes
- City of Plum Grove
School districts in Texas receive most of their funding from local property taxes. The Independent School Districts (ISDs) in Liberty County are:
- Cleveland ISD
- Dayton ISD
- Devers ISD
- Hardin ISD
- Hull-Daisetta ISD
- Liberty ISD
- Tarkington ISD
Several other county municipalities also need funding.
- Liberty County Hospital District #1
- Chambers-Liberty County Navigation District North
- Chambers-Liberty County Navigation District South
- River Ranch Municipal Utility District #1
- River Ranch Municipal Utility District #3
- River Ranch Improvement District
- Hull Fresh Water Supply District
- Liberty County Water Control and Improvement District #1
- Liberty County Water Control and Improvement District #5
- Liberty County Water Control and Improvement District #6
- Liberty County Emergency Service District #1
- Liberty County Emergency Service District #2
- Liberty County Emergency Service District #3
- Liberty County Emergency Service District #7
- Liberty County Drainage District #1
- Liberty County Drainage District #2
- Liberty County Drainage District #4
Your Liberty County Property Tax Bill: Payment & Questions
Whether you need information about your property tax bill or the Texas tax system, or you’re ready to pay your Liberty County property taxes, the following resources can help:
- Contact the Liberty County Central Appraisal District if you need information about how your property is appraised.
- The Liberty County Tax Assessor-Collector’s office is where you’ll pay your property taxes, either online, in person or by mail.
- The Texas Comptroller has the facts about Texas property tax law.
Liberty County Delinquent Taxes
Your Liberty County property tax bill is due no later than January 31st. On February 1st, fees, penalties and charges begin to accrue immediately.
If you are facing Liberty County delinquent taxes, you need to know you’ll continue accumulating debt until you pay off the total amount you owe. If you can’t pay your taxes on time, get a Liberty County property tax loan before entering property tax delinquency to avoid the penalties and fees.
Getting a Liberty County Property Tax Loan
We’ve made it simple to get Liberty County, Texas property tax loans — the fastest and easiest way to prevent or end property tax delinquency.
- Fill out an online loan application.
- Once approved, work with us to create a payment plan that fits your budget.
- Close on your loan. We will come to you anywhere in the state to get the paperwork signed.
Count on Tax Ease For Liberty County Property Tax Loans
If you can’t make your Liberty County property tax payment, help is available. Escape the accruing penalties and charges of tax delinquency with a Liberty County property tax loan.
We’re one of the top Texas property tax lenders with almost 20 years of experience helping Texans like you say goodbye to the worry and stress of an unpaid tax bill. Contact us today!